For thousands of years, dentures allowed people to chew foods harder than mashed bananas and flash some teeth when they smile. However, some know how unstable, irritating, embarrassing, and inconvenient they can be. We can remedy that with dental implants at Jeff Gray DDS in La Mesa.
Here’s the deal: A super-strong titanium post is anchored directly into the jawbone. A piece called an abutment is attached to the post. Finally, a crown or denture is attached to the abutment.
Dental implants can be used to replace one or two teeth, or as anchors for a full set of dentures. They provide the following benefits:
- Stability – Implants don’t move around in your mouth. This permits normal chewing, swallowing, and speech.
- Bone Retention – The implant prevents bone recession
- Dental implants prevent jaw muscle dysfunction that can occur when remaining teeth are forced to compensate for missing teeth
- Implants eliminate gum irritation caused by dentures
- No need for denture relines
- No denture adhesive needed. (Remember, they are anchored in your jawbone just like natural teeth!)
Contact Jeff Gray DDS – Sedation & Cosmetic Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):