Do you know that the most frequent cause of tooth loss among adults is gum disease? Severe gum disease is called periodontitis. Regular check-ups with your dentist are critical, but there are warning signs for gum disease that everyone should be looking for.
Signs of Gum Disease
- Gums that bleed frequently
- Gums that are tender, swollen, or very red, or gums that have visible pus in between them when they are pushed
- A bite that changes suddenly so that your teeth don’t seem to fit together correctly
- Receding gums
- A bad taste in the mouth or chronic bad breath
- Loose or separating teeth
If you are experiencing these symptoms, talk to your dentist today. Since plaque causes gum disease, removing plaque through regular flossing is the key to healthy gums.
Jeff Gray DDS – Sedation & Cosmetic Dentistry treats all forms of gum disease. We take pride in caring for our patients and we want them to have healthy, beautiful smiles that they can be proud of. Our practice specializes in:
Have You Lost Teeth To Gum Disease?
Contact us at 619-337-7700 and a member of our friendly staff can make an appointment for you.
During your consultation, you can speak with Dr, Gray about tooth restoration with dental implants.
Contact Jeff Gray DDS – Sedation & Cosmetic Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):