So you want to whiten your teeth? It’s an economical way to beautify your smile, look younger, and feel more confident when you interact with people in business or social settings.
Here are 5 things Jeff Gray DDS – Sedation & Cosmetic Dentistry recommends when it comes to teeth whitening in La Mesa:
- Meet with your dentist for a consultation first. There are several different teeth whitening systems and a consultation will help you ascertain which method is best for you.
- It is vital to know that whitening does not affect existing fillings, veneers, or crowns.
- During your consultation, decide how many shades lighter you want your teeth to be at the end of the treatment. Depending on the whitening protocol chosen, your teeth can be lightened three to eight shades. An in-office procedure achieves a degree of lightening that cannot be achieved with an over-the-counter product. During your treatment, your dentist may apply a coating to protect your gums and roots while the bleaching agent is applied.
- An alternative technique is to have your dentist customize a take-home kit for you. Make sure you follow the instructions accurately. First, molds are made from your upper and lower arch. Then the lab creates trays to hold the bleach. While this protocol may take longer, it is more economical and more convenient for many patients. Teeth whitening results from either procedure can last from six months to two years.
- With teeth whitening in La Mesa, it’s always possible that tooth sensitivity may take place. In most cases, it won’t last for more than a day or so. Call Jeff Gray DDS – Sedation & Cosmetic Dentistry if it lasts longer.
Jeff Gray DDS – Sedation & Cosmetic Dentistry offers general, restorative, and cosmetic dental services including Invisalign, porcelain veneers, TMJ treatment, and teeth whitening in La Mesa. At Jeff Gray DDS – Sedation & Cosmetic Dentistry, quality care and a comfortable patient experience are our top priorities.