Dentists are always reminding their patients to brush and floss their teeth. It’s the best way to ensure healthy teeth and gums. But we know that in spite of everyone’s best efforts, some of our patients are going to lose a tooth. When that happens, Jeff Gray DDS in La Mesa recommends dental implants as the best solution.
In the past, if a patient in La Mesa had a missing tooth or a severely damaged tooth, dentists would suggest dental bridges or dentures, because they were the best options at the time. These days, state-of-the art dental implants have proven to be superior. They can also replace dentures or anchor dentures for some patients.
A dental implant provides many advantages over a dental bridge or dentures:
- Longevity – Dental implants are tough and permanent, meaning with proper care they can last ten years or more.
- Seamless – Fabricated to have the same shape, size and color of the original tooth, the implant will blend seamlessly with all the other teeth. If the original tooth had aesthetic problems, these can generally be fixed with the implant crown.
- Function – A dental implant functions like a natural tooth allowing for normal eating and speaking.
- Convenience – Unlike dentures, no adhesives, rinsing, or removal is needed.
- Independent – Like the missing tooth, the dental implant is treated individually. No damaging of adjacent teeth is required, as with dental bridges. This independence allows nearby teeth to remain intact. Cleaning is easier than with most dental bridges which can require the threading of floss under and around the artificial tooth.
Contact Jeff Gray DDS – Sedation & Cosmetic Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):