Do You have Loose, Missing or Painful Teeth?
Eat, Feel and Live Better with Dental Implants
Can you imagine if you were to lose any other part of your body, being able to replace it so comfortably and effectively that no one could discern the difference while you had full and confident use of the restored area? Recent advancements in Dental Implant technology based on decades of use do just that and are truly a breakthrough for your comfort, your health and your smile. Replacing missing teeth with dental implants can dramatically improve your health, self-esteem and quality
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants provide a permanent solution for replacing a single tooth, several teeth, or all your teeth. They are among the most successful dental treatment options available and we offer them at our San Diego dentist office in La Mesa. The implant consists of a small, sturdy metal post that anchors the tooth, and it is capped with a dental crown. A full denture or fixed bridge can also be anchored for better stability and comfort.
What are the Benefits of Implant Dentistry?
- Strong, Durable and Natural in Appearance – Dental implants offer the same biting force as a natural tooth, because the implant is anchored in the bone. Smile, speak and eat with confidence with teeth that are natural in appearance and function.
- High Success Rate – With decades of research, the overall success rate for dental implants is around 95%. Implants are often the best treatment options for replacing missing teeth.
- Permanent Solution – Dentures and bridges may require replacement.
With proper dental hygiene, a dental implant can last a lifetime.
- Easily Maintained – Implants are cared for in the same manner as natural teeth, with brushing, flossing and routine dental exams. Implants that anchor dentures or bridges allow for removal and cleaning, and then easy replacement.
- Preserves Healthy Teeth – Healthy adjacent teeth aren’t harmed or affected since neighboring teeth are not used for support (as they are for bridges).
- Comfortable Way to Anchor Denture or Bridge – Implant dentistry
can securely anchor a removable denture or bridge, increasing comfort and function.
“Dr. Gray saved my smile. He allowed me to have 4 front teeth back after a terrible accident and I had dental implants done.”
How is the Dental Implant Placed?
After meeting with Dr. Jeff Gray or Dr. Greg Hurtado in La Mesa to determine if you are a good candidate, the doctor will carefully position the implant in the jawbone, duplicating the stability and strength the natural tooth root would provide. Over a few months the implant will fuse with the jawbone. Then our on-site Master Ceramist, Mike Milner, will create the replacement tooth or crown, which is then placed on top of the implant, replicating the beauty and functionality of your natural tooth.
“I needed full implants for my entire mouth. It was bad, not a pretty picture, but ever since I’ve been here it’s been amazing. I mean it changed my life!”
Are You a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are often the first choice to replace a missing tooth or teeth, due to disease or injury. The following factors will help determine if you are a candidate:
- General Good Health – If you are well enough for routine dental treatment, you are probably a candidate for dental implants, as long as there is enough healthy jawbone.
- Age – Dental implants are an ideal option regardless of age, whether you are young, middle-aged or a senior. Implants are usually postponed in children until the jawbone has matured, although there are exceptions.
- Dentures – Anchoring with dental implants provides greater stability and better function, making dentures more secure, stable and comfortable.
- Smoking – While being a non-smoker increases the success rate, smoking doesn’t eliminate the possibility of receiving dental implants.
- Commitment to Dental Hygiene – Implants have a 95% success rate
when the patient is committed to good dental hygiene. Daily brushing and flossing, along with routine dental exams, helps ensure that implants can last a lifetime.
What Are Implant Dentures?
Implant dentures, also known as implant supported dentures, are exactly what they sound like – dentures that are secured in place using dental implants. Implant dentures hold a number of advantages of traditional dentures in that they:
- Won’t slip or click out of place while in use
- Allow a much higher degree of chewing power
- Don’t irritate the oral tissue inside your mouth
All-on-4 and All-on-X Denture Implants
For patients that are anxious to fix their missing teeth, Dr. Jeff Gray is proud to offer All-On-4 implant supported dentures. With All-on-4 implant dentures, patients can walk out of our office with a full, brand new set of teeth all in the same day.
Dr. Gray also offers All-on-X implant dentures. All-on-X provides an even higher level of denture stability by using five or six dental implants to anchor each arch. We don’t charge anymore to build in the extra durability and security of the additional implants. Our goal is to provide you the most comfortable experience possible with implant dentures in San Diego.
Questions About Dental Implants?
Schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Jeff Gray or Dr. Greg Hurtado at our San Diego Sedation & Cosmetic Dentistry office by calling 619-717-8560 or by sending the simple form on this page. Dr. Gray will answer your questions, help determine your needs, and suggest the best solution if you are in the San Diego area, including La Mesa and El Cajon.